Welcome to SEO Unity!

SEO Unity is an active community of SEO members. We provide a unique platform for you to learn and share ideas about search engine optimization, marketing, and how to make money online. Signup today and start interacting with other SEO experts around the world and get free access to premium SEO tools.

Create a Free Account

What is tumblr?

Discussion in 'Social Networking Sites' started by MAXMedia, Oct 6, 2018.

1. MAXMedia

MAXMedia Regular Member

Someone I was talking to on another forum mentioned using tumblr for traffic. When I went to the site, I was a bit confused. It appears to be a web hosting service for people who want to post things like articles, pictures, videos, and so on but everything can be customized in a theme like wordpress. Is this like a "micro blog" or something?

2. samleo

samleo Regular Member

I never heard of it being called a micro-blog but that is a good way of putting it. It is more a less a social platform for people who want to make their page their own. They allow just about anything on that site which is likely why it was recommended. I find that a majority of it's users are ages 12 to 24 and female. If that is not a target for your niche, I would not bother.

MAXMedia likes this.
  3. Mel

Mel Regular Member

I know plenty of people who have used the site who are older so I wouldn't worry too much about age. I do think it is accurate though to say that the main target base is 12 to 24 but there is still plenty of older people on there.

4. Jinxdo

Jinxdo Regular Member

I have only heard of a few people calling it a micro-blog. I wish that term would catch on. I kind of consider Twitter the in between. It is social media but also somewhat micro-blogging.

5. MAXMedia

MAXMedia Regular Member

Thanks for verifying that. I guess it is not really my target range for my niche but I can still make a try at it. Seems easy enough to set up an account and it is free so why not?

6. samleo

samleo Regular Member

Twitter has much less of an option to actually customize and write long items. I don't consider it anywhere near a blog, not even a micro one. It is just social media and nothing more.

7. Emma Kennedy

Emma Kennedy Regular Member

I am using tumblr for social activities is awesome platform.