Welcome to SEO Unity!

SEO Unity is an active community of SEO members. We provide a unique platform for you to learn and share ideas about search engine optimization, marketing, and how to make money online. Signup today and start interacting with other SEO experts around the world and get free access to premium SEO tools.

Create a Free Account

Social Networks vs Social Media

Discussion in 'Social Networking Sites' started by KarlRouge24, Oct 11, 2018.

1. KarlRouge24

KarlRouge24 Regular Member

This is something I would love an opinion on. I consider social networks and social networking to apply to things like forums where there is a general focus on one particular topic or niche. Social media on the other hand focuses more on the person and in a more personal manner. Some say forums are social media but I feel like that isn't true.

2. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Regular Member

I never thought about it and I can see why you think this way. To me, it makes no difference what you call it. It is simply a website where people gather to share thoughts, ask questions, and find information.

3. Mel

Mel Regular Member

I always viewed it the same as you Karl which is why I prefer when people are specific about each one when it comes to SEO. On forums, you can use signature links. You can't do that on a social media platform!

4. Harrybells

Harrybells Regular Member

That is exciting post and thank you for sharing. There are things here that I didn't think some time as of late.

5. Jesicajohan

Jesicajohan Regular Member

You are sharing very interesting topic, But I think Forum doesn't part of Social Media.