Welcome to SEO Unity!

SEO Unity is an active community of SEO members. We provide a unique platform for you to learn and share ideas about search engine optimization, marketing, and how to make money online. Signup today and start interacting with other SEO experts around the world and get free access to premium SEO tools.

Create a Free Account

Should we care more about Bing, Yahoo, etc?

Discussion in 'Search Engines' started by Dave C., Aug 27, 2018.

1. Dave C.

Dave C. Regular Member

I'm just looking through Analytics on my website, and I see that Yahoo & Bing bring me 20-30 visitors a day compared to ~1500 from Google.

Is it even worth signing up for Bing webmasters tools or trying to optimize for Yahoo? Should I forget they exist and focus only on Google?

2. Nathan Norse

Nathan Norse Regular Member

I think focusing on Google is best if you only have so much time. If you have extra time then you can consider Bing and Yahoo but not as many people use those today.

3. Dave C.

Dave C. Regular Member

Which of the two would you focus on more of the secondary options? Bing or Yahoo? I just want your personal opinion on it.

4. WebXeros Solutions

WebXeros Solutions Regular Member

I Think optimizing a website for Google is the best idea. If you have extra time then you can optimize your website for Bing too. Yahoo has less amount of traffic as compared to bing.

5. gordonchoi

gordonchoi Regular Member

When you want to get organic search traffic (i.e. SEO traffic), you should always start focusing on Google. The reason is simple: Google has the most traffic by far comparing to any other search engines for most countries. Your time should be precious and you want to spend it effectively.

The only exception to this is when you want to do SEO for a certain countries where Google isn't the search engine with the most traffic such as Baidu in China, Yandex in Russia, Naver in Korea. And for these cases, you will focus on the local search engines when optimizing your site for SEO.

But for Google dominated countries, signing up Bing webmaster tool, and play around in it doesn't hurt at all. And maybe you will find some interesting data that Google Search Console doesn't show you.

6. jones cameron

jones cameron Regular Member

The question is quite interesting, some times even though you get few traffic, they might be potential buyers, however, most cases the traffic from both is almost less than 5%