Welcome to SEO Unity!

SEO Unity is an active community of SEO members. We provide a unique platform for you to learn and share ideas about search engine optimization, marketing, and how to make money online. Signup today and start interacting with other SEO experts around the world and get free access to premium SEO tools.

Create a Free Account

Shared, VPS, or Dedicated?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Patrick00, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Patrick00

Patrick00 Regular Member

What do you host your websites on? I was using a dedicated server for a few years, but found I didn't really need all that power.

Now, I use a DigitalOcean VPS and it very smoothly and I pay half the price. Double win! I've not used shared hosting for almost 10 years.

2. BLUE

BLUE Regular Member

Dedicated servers are only necessary if you are running a demanding site or you get loads of traffic. I would say popular online shops need them but for standard blogs and such, it isn't necessary. I never had a need to use one myself.

3. Dave C.

Dave C. Regular Member

Shared hosting is not ideal for me but I have used it to make budget and expense cuts. I prefer dedicated myself. I don't mind paying more for higher speeds.

4. Auction-buyer

Auction-buyer Regular Member

really depends on the work load like over 100,000 visits you need dedicated hosting

5. Mamta

Mamta Regular Member

Well It just depend on your nature of website. If your business has no more loads than nothing is better than VPS Server Hosting, and you have large website than choose Dedicated Server Hosting.