Welcome to SEO Unity!

SEO Unity is an active community of SEO members. We provide a unique platform for you to learn and share ideas about search engine optimization, marketing, and how to make money online. Signup today and start interacting with other SEO experts around the world and get free access to premium SEO tools.

Create a Free Account

Long tail keywords

Discussion in 'White Hat SEO' started by JakeJax, Aug 31, 2018.

1. JakeJax

JakeJax Regular Member

Is there such a thing as a keyword being too long?
    If I wanted to target a phrase that is 8 words, would it even be worth it?
    Trying to see which words I should and should not target, and it's all a bit confusing!

2. Lizzy P.

Lizzy P. Regular Member

I tend to stay at 5 words or below for long tail keywords. You can experiment with it for sure and see if it works for your site. There really isn't a rule against it. Some places it works, other places it doesn't.

ChrisCrossed likes this.
  3. ChrisCrossed

ChrisCrossed Regular Member

I agree with Lizzy here. There is not right or wrong, it is what works best for YOU.

Typically, shorter end ones fair better but you never know.

4. cyouweb

cyouweb Regular Member

I think you should imagine what user type when search something and count of words are not important. i test 5 words and it was good

5. Thomas Wilson

Thomas Wilson Regular Member

I think long tail keywords are good for SEO, because you can reach your site to the top of Google easily, and your site also reach to the top with hard keywords.

6. W. White

W. White Regular Member

I like using them but I never overuse them. I know plenty of people who get carried away with them and it ends up hurting them down the road because it becomes keyword stuffing and you don't want to get into that mess!