Welcome to SEO Unity!

SEO Unity is an active community of SEO members. We provide a unique platform for you to learn and share ideas about search engine optimization, marketing, and how to make money online. Signup today and start interacting with other SEO experts around the world and get free access to premium SEO tools.

Create a Free Account

Google updates rankings constantly

Discussion in 'Search Engines' started by Dave C., Aug 27, 2018.

1. Dave C.

Dave C. Regular Member

I track rankings for hundreds of keywords and every day there is movement for a lot of them.
    One day, a keyword dropped down by 50 spaces. Next day, it's back up by almost 40. To me, it doesn't make sense. What is Google doing here?

As long as I don't lose my #1 rankings, it should be okay!

2. Lizzy P.

Lizzy P. Regular Member

This might be down to the bots and crawlers. I think Google goes through adjustment periods every few months, maybe like 3 or 4 times a year because I have noticed this myself but things seem to go back to normal after a few days to a week.

3. Dave C.

Dave C. Regular Member

Ah so if it doesn't change after say, a week, then it is likely another issue. I will have to look into this more if that is the case. It has been puzzling me big time.

4. Rene Keen

Rene Keen Regular Member

When did you notice this happening? If it has been within the last month, that might be down to Google changing and updating things. It happened to me as well this month.