Welcome to SEO Unity!

SEO Unity is an active community of SEO members. We provide a unique platform for you to learn and share ideas about search engine optimization, marketing, and how to make money online. Signup today and start interacting with other SEO experts around the world and get free access to premium SEO tools.

Create a Free Account

Future of Facebook

Discussion in 'Social Networking Sites' started by Claire, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Claire

Claire Regular Member

As far as the media is concerned, it seems Facebook is suffering disaster after disaster, with no end in sight to it's troubles. As I write this, the company is still recovering from a massive stock collapse; it's problems appear quite serious indeed. Moreover, if the analysts are to be believed, fewer and fewer "young" people are using Facebook, instead focusing on more "intimate" and media-heavy platforms like Instagram, leaving Facebook's long-term future in some doubt.

While I doubt Facebook is going anywhere anytime soon, I am wondering if anyone here has begun planning anything for the future when, inevitably, Facebook will be supplanted by something else.

2. Katie W

Katie W Regular Member

Facebook will continue to bounce back and have no issues. There is no direct competitor other than Twitter and that platform isn't really the same thing. I find an issue with the younger demographic more on Twitter than Facebook myself.

3. Sami F.

Sami F. Regular Member

Facebook is not hurting at all! I thought this a few years ago but they have more people on that site than any other social network. They also own Instagram. They will not be going anywhere anytime soon!

4. Jesicajohan

Jesicajohan Regular Member

I think facebook still famous social site.

5. Dave C.

Dave C. Regular Member

It is really good for business so that reason alone I want it to continue to thrive but if someone comes up and is worthy competition, I would not hesitate to try another place or work on both. Facebook has got at least another 5 years in it.

6. JJ Page

JJ Page New Member

facebook is pretty important in terms of getting noticed, has anyone seen minds? unlike facebook, they pay you for the content you submit, it has encryption and stipulates copyright to the creator of submitted posts, from the advertising they generate which facebook keeps it all for itself the more you share the more you earn, this is making sharp increases in traffic, now is the time to set up the goldmine key accounts related to your websites have a look its very interesting they are growing by the day