SEJ Wrap-Up: Google Removes Sidebar Ads & All Google Compare Products—What’s Next? by @megcabrera
This is the wrap-up of the most popular posts and announcements on SEJ over the previous week. Newsletter subscribers are the first to receive this and other updates.
Google Removes Right Hand Sidebar Ads
Google has officially started rolling out an update to its paid search layout. Google has phased out the right hand gutter (sidebar) ads.
Instead, Google will only show 1 – 4 ads above the fold and force the rest to the bottom of the results page.Learn more and keep up with the ongoing conversation in the comments section of this week’s top post.
Google to Shut Down All Compare Products
Google has announced that it will phase out all of its compare products and tools. The entire compare program will be terminated by the end of March, 2016.
Compare.com CEO Andrew Rose claims that the compare tool will be shut down globally. Despite months of experimentation in the SERPs, the tool has not reached the goals that the company had hoped to reach. Learn more about Google’s decision to shut down its compare tools by reading the full post here.
Popular Search Marketing Posts
Here is a rundown of the most popular posts on SEJ from last week:
- Google Removes Right Hand Sidebar Ads, by Dusty Vegas
- Google to Shut Down All Compare Products by March 23, by Dusty Vegas
- Every Link Building Tactic You Need to Know in 2016, by Anna Crowe
- All About Google Removing Sidebar Ads: What You Need to Know, by Matt Southern
- The Guide to Local Content Marketing, by John Leo Weber / [AD] How to Create Powerful “Linkable Assets” in 3 Steps Using Ahrefs
- 50 Awesome Women in Marketing to Follow, by Erin Robbins O’Brien
- How to Find Influencer for Local SEO, by Amanda DiSilvestro
- How to Choose the Best Website Domain Name, by Kyle Patterson
- Facebook’s Instant Articles Available to Everyone on April 12th, by Matt Southern
- Google Has Slowest Loading Home Page on Mobile Compared to Competitor, by Matt Southern
Download This Week’s Episode of Marketing Nerds
In this week’s episode of Marketing Nerds, we are joined by Eric Siegel, founder of Predictive Analytics World and author of the award winning book Predictive Analytics, to take a deeper look at what Predictive Analytics really is and how businesses can use it to make important decisions and improve success.
Featured Image: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #1: Image via Shutterstock
In-post Photo #2: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #3: Image via Shutterstock
In-post Photo #4: Image by Paulo Bobita